From the Recipe File of Susan Egelseer
Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast
504 Rees Park
Americus, GA 31709
(229) 931-0122 or (888) 758-4749
˝ pear per person
˝ cup sugar (or granulated brown sugar)
2 TBS melted butter
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup orange liqueur or orange juice
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Cut out each pear’s core from the bottom, leaving the pear intact.
3. Brush the inside of each pear with lemon juice and sprinkle with sugar.
4. Brush each pear with melted butter.
5. Place remaining sugar in a bowl or on a sheet of waxed paper. Roll each pear in sugar so that it is evenly coated.
6. Place pears in baking dish large enough to hold them.
7. Add water and liqueur (or juice) to bottom of pan.
8. Bake for 45 minutes, basting occasionally with the liquid in the dish. If they’re getting too brown, loosely cover with foil.
Serve warm or cold.