From the Recipe File of Susan Egelseer
Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast
504 Rees Park
Americus, GA 31709
(229) 931-0122 or (888) 758-4749
NUTTY OATMEAL PANCAKES variation by Susan
Yield: 8-10 pancakes
Vary the recipe by altering cereal, flour, nuts. Serve with jam, fruit or syrup.
¾ cup whole wheat flour (can use all-purpose)
1/3 cup oatmeal (or multi-grain cereal)
1 TBS sugar
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
1 beaten egg
1 cup buttermilk
2 TBS oil
¼ cup chopped almonds (or walnuts, pecans, macadamias)
1. Preheat griddle or skillet.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, stir together flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a small mixing bowl combine egg, buttermilk and oil.
4. Make a well in the center of dry ingredients. Add egg mixture all at once and stir just till blended.
5. Stir in nuts.
6. Pour about ¼ cup batter onto lightly greased griddle. Cook until bubbled and edges are dry. Flip and cook other side.